Whether you’re thinking of introducing your team to Rocket.Chat or you’re already a loyal user you might be wondering about all the ways Rocket.Chat can streamline your workflow.
Here are 20 things you should be doing with Rocket.Chat!
- Interacting with your community. Great for software companies, tech companies, academic orgs and open source projects—to name a few.
- Internal company chat, to collaborate on projects and stay engaged with ongoing tasks.
- Customer support with LiveChat.
- Public chat channels that can function as dedicated discussion boards or general “ask anything” forums.
- Direct messaging between individuals.
- Private groups for sensitive discussions or particular closed projects.
- OTR (off the record) chat, extremely useful for high-security moments like password sharing.
- Notifications wherever you are on desktop or mobile.
- Conversation documentation, so you can always go back and find important information when you need it.
- Collaborating on project documents when and as team members have time (asynchronous communication).
- Training materials for employees.
- Storing all communications for future reference and legal reasons.
- Keeping documents and communications completely secure within your organization.
Video conferencing and screen sharing
- Answer a company FAQ internally or for your wider community.
- Interview with a company VIP to showcase expertise or address a topical issue.
- Live webcasting of an event.
- Live demo of something that’s difficult to explain via email or chat.
- Video training for staff on complicated procedures or new processes.
- New employee onboarding.
- Town Hall Meeting for your company or your larger community to source feedback and opinions.
What’s your company doing with Rocket.Chat that we haven’t mentioned? Tweet it to us at @RocketChat