Rocket.Chat is pleased to announce its release of Rocket.Chat 0.65 with the following highlighted features and changes:
(Please note: bug fixes implemented by 0.65.1 are detailed further below)
- Setup Wizard #10523
- Pinned message attachments are now viewable #10214 by @c0dzilla
- Normal load of image attachments #10608
- Options added to enable/disable each Livechat registration form field #10584
- More options available for Wordpress OAuth configuration #10 724
- REST API implementations (multiple PRs)
This is exciting news! UI is significantly improved thanks to the new Setup Wizard that will guide the user easily through the initial registration process using a series of forms.
Pinned message attachments
Users will now be able to view pinned message attachments, thanks to @c0dzilla!
Options added to enable/disable each Livechat registration form field
This allows users to enable/disable each of the fields in the Livechat registration form. By default, the fields are enabled.
Wordpress 0Auth configuration improved
This expands the changes made on #10550 by adding new settings to Wordpress OAuth configuration: it keeps existing default values but allows different server configurations.
REST API Implementations:
Many REST API implementations have been included in this release:
- Many REST API endpoints added:
users.getUsernameSuggestionto get username suggestion #10702,
subscriptions.unreadto mark messages as unread #10778,
groups.setCustomFields#9733 both by @xbolshe, plus endpoints
- The result of the
/meendpoint now returns within the result of the
- REST API endpoint settings now allow set colors and trigger actions #10488 by @ThomasRoehl
- REST API endpoint
/menow returns all the settings, including the default values #10662
- Now it’s possible to access files using header authorization (
- UI was not disabling the actions when users had no permissions to create channels or add users to rooms #10564 by @cfunkles & @chuckAtCataworx
- Private settings were not being cleared from client cache in some cases #10625
- Channel owner was being set as muted when creating a read-only channel #10665
- SAML wasn’t working correctly when running multiple instances #10681
- Cancel button wasn’t working while uploading file #10715 by @Mr-Gryphon
- Layout badge cutting on unread messages for long names #10846 by @kos4live
- Slack-Bridge bug when migrating to 0.64.1 #10875
Thanks as ever to our passionate community for their contributions for this release!
- Livechat not loading #10940
- Application crashing on startup when trying to log errors to exceptions channel #10934
- Incomplete email notification link #10928
- Image lazy load was breaking attachments #10904
- Leave room wasn’t working as expected #10851