Rocket.Chat is proud to announce its Rocket.Chat Android 2.1.1 release with the following features and changes:
- New authentication methods
- Improved attachments
- Bug fixes (such as: users will now receive notifications when the app is in the background)
- Additional features (see below)
New authentication methods
Custom OAuth and GitLab URL authentication are now supported.
All types of attachment files are now supported (PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, etc) and you can now save image attachments in your gallery when viewing it in fullscreen.
‘Real name’ mentions are now supported.
- French and Spanish language support
- See other users’ statuses and change your own status
- Password recovery (requires server version 0.64 or greater)
2.1.1 Bug fixes
- Allow redirections on the server when connecting to a new host
- Fixed a crash on a specific kind of room with specific permissions
Rocket.Chat Android 2.1 requires:
- Rocket.Chat Server minimum version 0.63.1 or 0.64 for password recovery
- SSL enabled server (check your server)