HipChat Server / Data Center
To import your current data from HipChat Server / Data Center into Rocket.Chat, please do the following.
Export from HipChat Server / Data Center
This is a copy from the HipChat Server / Data Center Documentation:
- Browse to the fully qualified domain name you’ve configured for your HipChat Server, for example
- Log into the web user interface (UI) using your administrator email and password.
- Click Server admin > Export.
- To include files and one-to-one chat history in the export, select the check boxes.
- In the Password and Confirm Password fields, create a password to protect your archive file. You’re required to provide this password when you import your data into HipChat Server. We don’t store this password, so be sure to remember it.
- Click Export. Depending on how much data you have, it may take a few hours to export the data. When it’s finished, you’ll receive an email with a link to download the file.
- When you receive the email, click the link in the email to download the archive file.
Import into Rocket.Chat
- Decrypt the exported file:
openssl aes-256-cbc -d -in path_to_encrypted_file.tar.gz.aes -out path_to_decrypted_file.tar.gz -pass pass:your_passwordSee the table below for descriptions of the command line arguments.
- Ensure the file generated is a
tar.gzfile, otherwise Rocket.Chat won’t accept it.
- Go to
- Choose your decrypted
tar.gzfile and wait until Rocket.Chat can read it (it can take a few minutes, depending on the size of your export)
- Deselect any items you don’t want to import
- At the top of the page, click on Start Importing
OpenSSL Command Arguments
||This is the cipher to use to decrypt the file.|
||This argument is the command to decrypt the file.|
||Use this to specify the path to the archive file you’re about to decrypt.|
||Use this to specify the path where you want to output the decrypted file.|
||Enter the password you created when you exported the archive file.|
- In case you get
digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt:../crypto/evp/evp_enc.c:541:while decrypting add the parameter
-md md5see https://www.openssl.org/docs/faq.html#USER3
- If the import fails for large HipChat exports it may help to not export file attachments. see https://github.com/RocketChat/Rocket.Chat/issues/11693
- If you still have problems contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your server logs if available