Rocket.Chat supports chatbot and messaging automation integrations, enabling chat-ops workflows with multi-channel, multi-user, public and private interactions.
We are building out support for multiple frameworks, including:
To contribute to features under development see our Bots Project issues.
These are the basic steps for using bots with Rocket.Chat.
- A bot user must be created by an admin on the server
- The bot is run as a separate process using your chosen framework or platform
- The bot environment must be pre-configured by setting environment variables
- You provide scripts to define the bot’s behaviour according to the requirements of your framework
- e.g. See Running a Hubot bot
- Bots FAQ
- Bots Architecture
- Creating Bot Users
- Configuring the Bot Environment
- Running a Hubot Bot
- Running a Botkit Bot
- Running a Rasa Bot
- Running a Botpress Bot
Configuration and implementation details for components of the Bots Architecture can be found in their project READMEs: