SlackBridge allows you to mirror the messages received in a Slack channel or private group into Rocket.Chat in real-time.
To enable it, you have to create a Custom Bot in Slack and add it to the desired channels / private groups. Once enabled and added to rooms, SlackBridge will clone the room in Rocket.Chat and also clone users that speak in that room.
To create a Custom Bot in Slack:
- Got to “Set up a bot user”
- Click “Add Configuration”
- Pick a username for your Bot and click Add Bot Integration
- Copy the API Token, you’ll need it when setting up SlackBridge in Rocket.Chat
- Customize your bot the way you like it and click on Save Integration
To enable SlackBridge in Rocket.Chat:
- Go to
- Enable SlackBridge
- Add your API Token, copied in step 4 above
- Restart you Rocket.chat server
When done, you can now invite/add the bot to the channel or private group you want to mirror from