Mobile and Desktop Apps
Windows, macOS and Linux Software
You can download the Windows, macOS and Linux client software here:
Can be found here
Can be found in the App Store here
It can also be downloaded here
If you are on Ubuntu we recommend you install our snap via:
sudo snap install rocketchat-desktop
Snaps auto update so you no longer need to worry about manually keeping the client up to date.
Snaps are also available on other platforms. More information available here
Alternatively you can download and manually install:
You can find the download for the latest releases here
The app for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) can be found on the App Store. Just search for
The app for Android can be found on Google Play. Just search for
Android and iOS Mobile users
Enter the URL to your Rocket.Chat server (e.g. https://open.rocket.chat) to initialize the app. This needs to be done the first time you run the app after installation.
Use two-fingers swipe up gesture to add more servers if you need to access multiple servers from one client.
Android and iOS Mobile Users running Rocket.Chat server on a Sandstorm Grain
- On your phone in a browser open Sandstorm and open the Rocket.Chat grain.
- Open the hamburger menu (upper-left) and choose “Get Webkey”. (On the desktop view, you would click the key icon in the topbar.)
- Optionally enter a label (e.g. “phone”) and then click “create”.
- You’ll be presented with a URL, aka a “webkey”. Long-press on this URL, then choose “copy link address”.
- Open the rocket.chat app.
- Paste in the copied URL (the whole thing!) as your Rocket.Chat server address.
- That’s it! No password is needed, since an authorization token is encoded into the URL.