Manage your account
Manage Your Rocket.Chat account settings through the browser, desktop, and mobile apps.
Access account settings
To access and manage your Rocket.Chat account on a server:
Log in to the server with your username and password. Click your profile picture and select My Account.
Account settings changed on a single server do not change settings on a different server.
You can change the following account settings:
Set the language to use for the Rocket.Chat user interface.
Enable or disable all desktop notifications, test desktop notifications, and configure:
- The global notification duration in seconds
- Enter key behaviour:
- Normal mode (send with Enter)
- Alternative mode (send with Enter + Ctrl/Alt/Shift/CMD)
- Desktop mode (only sends with Enter on desktop)
- View mode
- Normal: The default spacing between messages
- Cozy: More space between messages (less on the screen)
- Compact: Less space between messages (more on the screen)
- Offline Email Notifications
- Every Mention/Direct Message
As well as enable or disable the following preferences:
- Unread Tray Icon Alert: Toggles if the tray icon highlights when you have unread messages
- __Use Emojis: Toggles emojis in messages
- Convert ASCII to Emoji: Toggles emoji conversion when inputting ASCII characters
- Auto Load Images: Disables clicking on images to preview them
- Save Mobile Bandwidth: Saves mobile data when the app is open
- Collapse embedded media by default: Toggles if messages with files collapse by default
- Unread Rooms Mode: Creates a new section on the channel list with all channels with unread messages
- Hide usernames: Hides usernames on the channels, showing only the users avatars
- Hide roles: Hides role tags from users
- Hide right sidebar with click: Automatically closes the right sidebar when clicked.
- Hide Avatars: Hides avatars on the channels, showing only the users’ usernames
- Group by Type:: Groups your channels by Type or merge them in a single list
Specify a comma-separated list of words or phrases to trigger notifications for when mentioned by anyone in public or private channels of which you are a member
Configure audio notifications used for the following:
- New Room
- New Message
Available audio notifications:
Verify and edit the following profile information:
- Set a new password
Upon verification of your email by the Rocket.Chat server, a check appears alongside it.
Should you need another verification email, select the Verify email option.
To set or change your avatar for a Rocket.Chat server, click on one of the images beside your current avatar. To upload a new avatar, click the Upload Avatar option.
Enable or disable Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for your account on a Rocket.Chat server.
When you enable 2FA, you are required to get a key code from an app on your phone, thus increasing security when logging in.
Note: 2FA can be turned on and off by the system admin, if you can’t find this setting, please contact your system admin.
To enable 2FA, you need to:
Click the Enable two-factor authentication button.
Use an authentication app, such as Google Authenticator, Authy, or Duo, to scan the QR code. Scanning the QR code displays a six-digit code. Enter the code into Rocket.Chat.
Copy your backup code somewhere safe if you need to access it in the future without the authentication app. Click Send to finish.
To disable the 2FA, click on Stop two-factor authentication.