In recent years, the move from deploying applications on-premise into the cloud has accelerated quickly and changed the whole industry. Today, most services are ready to be used in as short as a few minutes. Rocket.Chat is no different and there is no need to wait any longer: Rocket.Chat as a managed service is ready for you.When you opt to use Rocket.Chat, we give you two choices:
- Self-manage the software on the infrastructure of your choice
- Have your instance hosted in our secure Cloud infrastructure
Core Security Benefits
Rocket.Chat's robust and scalable Cloud is built on Docker and Kubernetes, it leverages the power of Amazon Web Services and combines it with our services and innovative platform. Every cloud instance runs in its own secure isolated environment which we monitor 24/7. Your data is backed up daily, twice daily or hourly to give you peace of mind in case of an emergency.AWS + RC = The easiest way to Scale your Enterprise Communications and keep your data secureSo what exactly are the benefits you get with our hosted offering?
- 99.9% uptime, multiple availability zones and regions: be safe from disasters and infrastructure failure
- Dedicated support: our 24/7 support team treats your support requests with priority. Support access to your instance is fully controlled and only happens after you give the green light
- Confidentiality of your data: transport encryption via TLS and encryption at rest
- Backups and restore capabilities: if something goes wrong, backups are available to protect you from data loss.
- Automatic upgrades: no more need to test the impact of the new Rocket.Chat versions on your infrastructure. We are doing this for you and upgrade your instance automatically. This includes security fixes as well!
- Compliance: all your data is stored in certified data centers of AWS. Log information is available for up to 13 months to analyze. We offer GDPR and CCPA-compliant data processing addendums for our customers.
These benefits come in addition to our product benefits, which are:
- 2-factor authentication and federated identity management (e.g. SAML, OAuth, LDAP)
- data retention settings
- customizable user permissions
- customizable user terms of service and privacy policies
- end-to-end encryption
- and many, many more!
Migration - What if you want to scale it?
You already have a self-managed instance of Rocket.Chat and want to scale it with the benefits of our hosted offering?A common case we encounter is the need for organizations to move from their own infrastructure into our hosted offering.This is no problem at all: we provide all our clients a personalized onboarding which also includes migration support. Migration into our cloud allows you to scale your Rocket.Chat deployment too.
CAIQ - All security questions answered in one place
To make it easier for you, we filled out and published a questionnaire with common security controls. This questionnaire is provided by the Cloud Security Alliance.It contains hundreds of questions formed into a common framework and is a de facto standard when evaluating cloud security - and it is now available for Rocket.Chat! The Consensus Assessments Initiative Questionnaire (CAIQ) is now available for Rocket.Chat.Download our CAIQ here - for free and without registration.
Reduce work, while keeping your privacy intact.
In short: using Rocket.Chat from our hosted services takes all the effort from you in managing the infrastructure of your installation. It makes it easier for you to fully leverage the true potential of our platform - without being. For the 100% feature set, including advanced security features like the message auditing panel, try our gold edition.Do you have additional questions? Feel free to contact us